18 Dec 2014

Why?

Why what, you're asking? 

Well, last week I had an interview for a job promotion in work. I'd had one in March this year but it was bad timing personally and I didn't do well, so this time meant a lot to me. I prepared the best I could, bearing in mind that we were very busy in work. I came out of the interview thinking I had done pretty well, but not wanting to get my hopes up.

Today I finally heard the outcome and it was basically that I hadn't come top on this occasion. The good news is that I did well in my interview and it was obvious that I had prepared for it. So the plan is to move me onto a different payroll in the coming few months so that I get some exposure to different processes, because my current payroll is not typical of how they usually operate. I can see the sense in this and overall feel like management are on my side and trying to put me in a better position for the future, which is a great feeling!

This evening I told hubby I hadn't got the job. He said he was glad.

I went on to tell him that I am going to be moving payrolls. He went off on one about upsetting apple carts!  

So, why? Why can't he encourage my ambitions and trust that I feel ready or else I wouldn't be doing these things? Why should I sit still whilst the world keeps moving on and be grateful for the option? Why am I having to write this blog when I should be jubilant about the bright future that seems to be ahead of me?

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment